- 10 May 1772 Jane Hermitage, a black girl, aged abt 14 years
- 14 Oct 1792 John Dilston, five years of age, s. of Richd and Deliana Powle
- 21 May 1799 John Love, a black adult 23 years old, servt to G. Booth Barrett Esq.
- 30 Nov 1800 Flora Jones, a native of the East Indies, about 18 years of age, living with John Jones Esq., of the Bengal Warehouse E[ast] I[ndia] House
- 22 Jan 1817 Henry Gompertz, an adult, a solicitor, Crown Ct., Threadneedle Street
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Tuesday Tip - Non-traditional Baptisms
It's easy to forget that not everyone was baptised as a child or was baptised in their home parish. Hear are some examples I found while transcribing the baptismal registers of St Martin Outwich in the City of London.